PURPOSE OF ROLE: To provide Business Management support functions across the Hounslow Housing Divisional team; and project manage the delivery of Hounslow Housing Directorate priority projects, to ensure implementation of effective strategy and contribute to continuous improvement in performance across homeless client, resident and property services.
Responsible for: direct andindirect line management of temporary, apprentice and business support administration staff, acquired by the directorate to provide support to projects, as required from time to time by the service.
1.To work with the Director Housing, Heads of Division and Heads of Service to improve service quality and promote creative and innovative ways of tackling the housing needs of residents, ensuring services are delivered to meet the needs of our community and are accessible to all users.
2.To raise performance in Hounslow Housing by contributing to a culture of continuous improvement, both within Hounslow Housing and across the Council as a whole.
3.To promote a positive image of Hounslow by liaising with external organisations that require Council representation at local and national level, arranging the attendance of the Housing Director, Heads of Division or Service; or attending and presenting personally at conferences, seminars and working parties, as may be required.
4.To assist the Director Housing and Hounslow Housing Divisional team with preparing professional advice to Councillors and senior officers on matters of housing service delivery, legislation and policy, ensuring compliance with the Council’s standing orders.
5.To take active steps to contribute to the achievement of all of the Council’s priorities.
- To support/lead on SIP team project plans and secure monitoring and delivery of milestones and objectives to oversee projects to completion, to ensure that they are delivered within the required timescales.
- To provide Business Management support to the Hounslow Housing Divisional management team, including handling of enquiries and correspondence, forward planning of commitments
- To coordinate meetings between the Director Housing, Heads of Division and Service, Councillors and other senior officers across the Council, preparing agendas and taking minutes, and following up individually with senior leads in relation to their agreed actions.
- To work flexibly with cross business support/personal assistants of the Council’s Directors, Executive Directors and Chief Executive to provide flexible assistance to senior officers, as required.
- To be a proactive member of the Strategy, Investment and Performance team and effectively contribute to the development, implementation and review of strategies and policies, including: appropriate documentation and plans; ensuring the management of business cases, benefits, quality, risk and issues; providing regular and accurate progress and performance information for senior managers and key stakeholders.
- To maintain a functional knowledge of current housing legislation, best practice and policy, at a local, regional, and national level; through monitoring of relevant publications, news media, communications from Government, and participation in Council-subscribed member organisations.
- To manage delegated budgets against projects for which the post has been assigned responsibility, ensuring that expenditure is within the agreed limits and alerting senior colleagues to budgetary issues; also to assist the Director Housing with the monitoring of departmental budgets.
- To represent the housing department in the corporate development of the Council, by taking part in corporate initiatives, working groups meetings, at the direction of the Head of Service and Director Housing.
- To undertake any other duties that are commensurate to the grade of the post, including being responsive to reasonable requests, from time to time, to work outside of normal office hours across services and at various locations of within the London Borough of Hounslow.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Compliance with legislation, codes of conduct and best practice, in line with the needs and requirements of Hounslow Housing
- Delivery of key Hounslow Housing projects within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Development and implementation of strategies and policy within statutory and Council timescales.
- Lead on supporting the Director Housing and Senior Management team being a proactive member of the Strategy, Investment and Projects Team.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL)
- Director Housing
- Heads of Division and Service across Hounslow Housing
- Personal Assistants to Council Directors, Executive Directors and Chief Executives
- Councillors, including Cabinet members and the Lead Member for Housing.
- Tenants, Leaseholders and residents.
- Housing landlords and developers.
Equal Opportunities: The Council has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity and expects all employees to implement and promote this in their own work.
Health and Safety: The Council is committed to a healthy and safe working environment and expects all its employees to implement and promote its policy in all aspects of their work.
Confidentiality: The Council is committed to maintaining the privacy of all its staff and customers.It expects all staff to handle all individuals’ personal information in a sensitive and professional manner.All staff are under an obligation not to gain access or attempt to gain access to information they are not authorised to have.
Safeguarding: The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.