Assistant Conservation Urban Design Officer
Duration of Contract: 6 months
Hackney Council’s Planning Service is recruiting for an Urban Designer or Architect for their Conservation, Urban Design and Sustainability (CUDS) Team.
This is an agency placement till December 2017.
Hackney is one of London’s most diverse and dynamic boroughs.
Stretching from Shoreditch on the edge of the City, to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in the east and Manor House in the north, it is an area of rapid growth, particularly in the tech, media, fashion and other creative industries.
Hackney has more green space than any other inner London borough, some of the capital’s best schools, and first class transport connections, which combined with excellent local public services and a thriving arts, cultural and retail sector, are fast making it one of London’s most popular areas to live, work and visit.
The team comprises architects, urban designers, landscape architects and sustainability experts. This is a dynamic role and will involve managing the design aspects of planning applications and key delivery projects. You will also get hands-on experience with conservation cases and implementing sustainable design and construction policy.
The role will involve:
• Assisting senior design officers in the CUDS Team in the day to day determination of urban design and architectural matters related to a range of planning applications and attending weekly ‘design surgery’ sessions.
• Assisting in the preparation of strategic urban design and architecture briefs.
• Undertaking research as required and carrying out GIS mapping exercises.
• Working with individual members of the team on ongoing major projects.
• Assisting establish and coordinate the Hackney Design Awards 2016 programme.
• Co-ordinating Hackney’s Design Review Panel.
Skills and Attributes:
• Educated to degree/postgraduate level qualification in Architecture, Urban Design, Planning or equivalent.
• Relevant post qualifications experience in architecture or urban design, or related discipline of which significant elements relate to Architecture/Urban Design.
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Office with experience/understanding of using GIS mapping or similar.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast moving multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Sketch-up experience.
This opportunity would ideally suit a person with recent qualifications in the built environment who is seeking to establish their early career in the design office of a local authority.
Tagged as: design officer – hackney council
Neighbourhood Ward Officer to carry out envirocrime enforcement, waste and street cleansing monitoring, noise & nuisance enforcement, street patrols, responding...Apply For This Job
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB 1. ·Provide strategic support for continuous improvement in the Council and the Tower Hamlets Partnership...Apply For This Job
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB To procure good quality accommodation so that the Council can meet and discharge its duties...Apply For This Job